You make the difference

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Where do you go?

Where are we going in this race of life?
We are educated, well bred, smart and professional but still do we hold the same family values that our parents had?
Are we ready to give our children what our parents have given us?
I always wonder, whether in this race of equality and being the best, are we leaving something behind us. Something more valuable than money.
I still remember, when I used to come back from school I used to get nice scoldings for not eating a bowl of pulses. Now, I dont like my meals without it. Will I be there to ensure the same for my daughter?
When I came back from school/college, I would spend hours telling my mom what happened. When she was asleep, I would wake her up by making all sorts of noises ancd make sure that she listens to each and every bit of news that I have to give her. I could not wait till she got up from bed. Will I be there for my daughter to pour her heart out when she wanted to?
I never liked to have my lunch alone and would ask my mom to make fresh rotis and sit with me while I eat. Will I be there when my daughter will have her lunch?
I will be successful and I will be satisfied professionally. But will that make me happy? Will I share the same bonding with my daughter like I share with my mom.
These and a lot many things really make me wonder whether this race of getting the best in my professional life is really worth all the loss that I will have in future?
Where does this all take me to????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home