You make the difference

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Game of name...

When I was in Nursery, my name was Nisha.
But somebody told my parents that it means darkness(which is negative) and so they changed it.
I like that name a lot(You can make it out from my blog also. I have used the same name here).
But my love for that name knew no heights when Madhuri Dixit's(who happens to be my favourite actress) name was also Nisha in Hum Aapke hain kaun? There is even a song with that name in it. My name does not come in any of the songs except in some political speeches or refering to some environmental treasures ( Btw my name means treasure.. Not bad huhhh :-) )....
But............. Nisha is better :-)

But does the name really matter. Imagine what gives us the power of responding to someone who calls our name. Sometimes I wonder when anybody asks me what my name is, will I remember it or not?????? Its not what I use the most but its what I have responded to the most!

I have seen my sister spending so much time in deciding a name for her daughter. And whatever they chose, now my niece's identity is that. Its so strange that someone else has made our basic identity in this world. Once decided, it stays with us, no matter what! And then we say that we are "self-made".

But, I guess its all in the name. The world knows me by my name. Imagine people can even tell my future based on my name. I really wonder whether my future would change if I changed my name to Nisha? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home